Mexican Chocolate Tart
★☆☆☆☆ (very easy)
- 160g AP flour
- 100g butter
- 50g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 500g dark milk chocolate
- 400ml cream
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- Cocoa for dusting the cake
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, egg yolk, cocoa and butter and knead until smooth. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Grease a 24cm (about 9”) spring form pan and and lay out dough, forming a crust. Prick it with a fork several times and lay out with parchment paper. Fill with dried peas.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove peas and parchment paper and bake for further 10 to 15 minutes.
- Chop up chocolate and heat up cream in a small pot. Remove from heat. Add the chocolate along with vanilla sugar to the heated cream and stir until smooth. Let it cool off for 30 minutes.
- Pour mass into crust and put in refrigerator for 4 hours. Dust with cocoa powder.
Raspberry Lychee Mojito & Passionfruit Pineapple Mojito